Ball Horticultural Company - Corporate Campus Landscape Improvements, West Chicago, IL
Ball Horticultural Company is a sustainability-minded global family of plant breeders, seed and vegetable producers, distribution companies and research and development teams in 20 countries and six continents.
- Create a new landscape identity for Ball Horticultural’s corporate headquarters that conveys the company’s environmental commitment
- Provide an eye-catching, sustainability-driven showcase for Ball’s plant materials
- A multi-phased master plan with sustainable features that include diverse native plants, rain gardens, bioswales, a stormwater-slowing parking lot and more
- A model of sustainability that is a showcase of Ball products for the company’s clients and prospects
- Transformation of a 1960s landscape consisting primarily of turf, trees and yews, into a lush, colorful and largely native landscape featuring 150 species that form prairie, savanna, woodland and wetland settings
- A water-conserving landscape, whose detention basin (required by the city) collects water only on rare occasions
- Edible gardens and ornamental landscapes from which employees can harvest produce and flowers
- Points toward the LEED silver certification of Ball’s recently completed seed technology building
- A resilient and low-maintenance landscape that was installed just prior to the severe drought of 2012 yet survived almost completely intact. “I’m shocked at all the plants that made it through that summer,” said Ball’s general manager.
« Return to Campuses overview page