Jeanine Nicarico Children's Advocacy Center, Wheaton, IL
The Jeanine Nicarico Children's Advocacy Center was developed by DuPage County to house the Department of Children and Family Services and the DuPage Family Center to help children who have been abused or witnessed violent crimes.
- Develop a site plan that carefully locates the building so as to invoke a sense of tranquility and peace for visiting children and families
- Explore alternative revenue sources and secure funding
- Permeable paving, rain gardens and bioswales that help reduce runoff from directly entering an adjacent pond
- A $55,000 grant from the Water Quality Improvement Program of DuPage County
- Outdoor spaces for families that help alleviate tension in times of turmoil
- Elevated profile of DuPage County as a leader and model for sustainability
Learn more about the Jeanine Nicarico Children's Advocacy Center.
« Return to Community Spaces overview page