Heritage Park, Mattoon, IL
The Lumpkin Family Foundation, a private family foundation created in 1953 from the estate of Beese A. Lumpkin, donated property and funds to the City of Mattoon to establish Heritage Park. The Foundation makes grants and conducts programs that support people pursuing innovation and long-lasting improvements in the environment, health, education and community access to the arts.
- Collaborate with the Lumpkin Family Foundation, city staff and other stakeholders to envision a downtown public park that will enrich residents' daily lives while supporting festivals and city events
- Integrate sustainable strategies to meet criteria for Sustainable Sites Initiative™ certification
- Convey Mattoon's history through signage and design elements
- A park plan that meets and exceeds the client's expectations
- A design that meets Gold Certification criteria of the Sustainable Sites Initiative ™
- Sustainable design features that include permeable paving, a solar array canopy, native landscapes, and a water collection and reuse system
Learn more about Heritage Park.
« Return to Community Spaces overview page