Peck Farm Park Permeable Plazas, Geneva, IL
The Geneva Park District is home to a 385-acre natural retreat -- the Park Farm Interpretive Center. The historic Peck home was converted into a history center and is a gathering space for thousands of people who visit its sensory garden, natural areas and butterfly garden, and attend camps.
- Design a network of permeable patios and walkways that serve as a hub, connecting the historic character of the original Peck Home with the many outdoor amenities beyond
- Create a paving system that cleanses and infiltrates rainwater, thus protecting the natural areas and 19-acre wetland downstream of Peck Farm Park
- Reduce ongoing soil erosion issues that are due to direct runoff from buildings and hardscapes
- Replaced 13,000 square feet of impermeable surfaces with a permeable paver system
- Installed rain gardens and infiltration trenches along multiple buildings
- Eliminated direct runoff from impermeable surfaces into adjacent prairie landscapes
Learn more about Peck Farm Park.
« Return to Community Spaces overview page