Naper Settlement, Naperville, IL
Naper Settlement is a 19th-century living history museum spanning 12 acres in downtown Naperville. This award-winning cultural attraction draws more than 125,000 visitors annually.
- Develop and implement a watershed-based stormwater master plan to correct drainage and water quality issues affecting the DuPage River
- Explore alternative revenue sources and secure funding
- Installed nearly 43,000 square feet of permeable paving, eight rain gardens, seven water-infiltration zones, two cisterns and a bioswale, which will reduce runoff pollution by an estimated 14,520 pounds of total suspended solids annually
- Obtained $830,000 in project grants
- Created interpretive signage that educated staff and visitors about the site’s best management practices
- Helped raise Naper Settlement’s profile as a model of sustainability
- Recognized with a Conservation & Native Landscaping Award from the US Environmental Protection Agency and Chicago Wilderness
Learn more about Naper Settlement.
« Return to Environmental Education overview page