North Shore Water Reclamation District Conservation and Stormwater Study, Lake County, IL
The North Shore Water Reclamation District is the second largest sanitary district in Illinois, serving more than a quarter-million people in Lake County. It owns and operates three water reclamation facilities and numerous pumping stations.
- Identify opportunities for green roofs, sustainable landscapes and photovoltaic solar panels at the district’s Waukegan, Gurnee and Clavey water reclamation plants
- Develop life-cycle analyses for conversion of turf into native landscapes
- Prioritize projects for future consideration and develop maintenance protocols for on-site personnel
- Identified and mapped areas for natural landscape improvements, including green roofs, naturalized open spaces, bioinfiltration zones and permeable pavement
- Recommended ways to realize environmental, ecological and financial benefits
- Prepared cost estimates and calculated return on investment for the suggested sustainable improvements to help guide the capital budget process
Learn more about the North Shore Water Reclamation District.
« Return to Habitat overview page