Chicago Farmworks Urban Farm, Chicago, IL
Heartland Alliance, the leading anti-poverty organization in the Midwest, believes that everyone deserves the opportunity to improve their lives. Each year, it helps ensure this opportunity for nearly one million people around the world who are homeless, living in poverty or seeking safety.
- Work with Heartland Alliance and the City of Chicago Department of Housing and Economic Development to turn abandoned property in Humboldt Park into an urban farm
- Support Heartland Alliance with information that helps target and attain outside funding for the project
- Vacant, impacted parcels of land transformed into a productive urban farm
- At just over two acres, the largest urban farm in the City of Chicago
- A steady supply of fresh food for a nearby nonprofit organization that distributes produce to families in need
Learn more about Chicago Farmworks Urban Farm.
« Return to Stewardship overview page