Tellabs, Naperville, IL
Tellabs supplies wireless providers worldwide with reliable and scalable mobile Internet solutions. Its sustainability priorities are to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions with more energy-efficient products and operations, manage materials and waste responsibly through a sustainable supply chain, strengthen communities where employees live and work, and proactively communicate its plans and progress.
- Improve water quality of the ponds, which take on all of the sites’ stormwater, sediment and nutrient runoff
- Demonstrate land stewardship by maintaining quality wildlife habitat
- Controlled invasive plant species and increased native species
- Improved water pH, and achieved more balanced and stable dissolved oxygen levels
- Minimized herbicide applications by improving native species competition
« Return to Stewardship overview page